Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summertime Sizzles!

Here are some fun summertime designs that I've been working with this year...I love the beach and the sunsets from when I was a kid inspired a lot of these designs (although we didn't have palm trees!). 

This wasn't a private beach, but it was small and it was rare to see anyone other than the seagulls and king crabs there.  Just a great place to sit and think.

I love how the colors all just blended into each other to create this effect.  Each pendant is painted one at a time so even with the same base design, they have slight variations.

This was a design from several years ago, but it is still one of my most popular. 

I never thought about creating jewelry until my hubby suggested I look into glass pendants and see if my designs could work on the smaller scale.  I'm learning how to wrap wire and use to create something really unique.

Believe it or not, this was a tough design to get right...the enamel paint is fairly translucent and the red wasn't brilliant enough for me.  So I experimented and finally came up with this design. 

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment